Help Us Continue to Keep our Boats Powered by Smiles
Become a Volunteer
Like many charities, CanalAbility could not operate without our enthusiastic group of volunteers. They help out with an array of our operations including, but not limited to:
- Skippering or crewing the boats
- Assisting with administration
- Lending a hand at the many events we are involved in
- Maintaining the boats
The work is very rewarding and our aim is always for you to gain as well as give. Our ethos is that ‘volunteering will do you the world of good too’. In a recent survey of our volunteer team, some of the many benefits they get from volunteering from us included:
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Reduced social isolation
- Developed new skills
- Satisfaction of giving back / making a difference – giving clients ‘a day to remember’
- Being more physically active
- Social Aspect – Meeting people, making new friends, being part of a team
- Improved self-worth / self-esteem
The commitment we ask from you:
- We generally ask you to volunteer for a minimum of 10 shifts per year. A shift is approximately 5 ½ – 6 hours
- To adhere to the fundamental principles, values, policies and procedures of CanalAbility
- To actively support the charity in your chosen role(s) at an agreed frequency – and volunteer when we need help to complete work on a project-by-project basis.
- To be reliable and trustworthy
We provide full training free of charge.
So if you are interested in getting involved and becoming part of our volunteer team, click the button below and get in touch. We thank you in advance for your interest.